1. WHY STUDY IN RUSSIA?
Russia has the most prestigious educational institutions for young people with international interests. For international students, the top rated Universities are that and more: a modern, welcoming and intellectually stimulating place to study in Russia’s big cities of Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Each University has a diverse student body of thousands of students drawn from the top ranks of Russian students and from partners like Council for Foreign Education in Russia from around the world. The top Universities of Russia offer a broad range of courses at undergraduate and graduate levels – from engineering, international law, political science, and economics, to journalism, business management, and energy. International undergraduates in Russia can pursue intellectually challenging and exciting coursework alongside their Russian peers. Students seeking a Master degree in Russia can seek a place in one of the many Master programs taught in Russian. There is also an abundance of Master programs taught in English in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Tomsk. There are many Doctorate programs in English in Russia, too.
For their historical commencement, Russian Universities are continuing to remake themselves. In the last few years, the universities have formed numerous new partnerships with leading institutions around the world, integrated fully into the Bologna accords and have come out with strict standards like European higher learning institutions. The Universities are also committed to fostering an ever-evolving student body, curriculum, and campus life that continues to reflect its reputation as the most prestigious and most advanced places for understanding international culture, mentality and affairs.
2. ADMISSION IN RUSSIA
We will get you admission into any Univesity of your choice in Russia; Please Contact Us
A foreign citizen who wishes to apply for studies has to submit:
- Application form and scanned copies of the following documents:
- Higher secondary school completion certificate.
- Page of Passport with your name and photo.
3. STUDENT VISA PROCESS
Student visa is required in order that an international student would be able to stay in Russia during the period of his/her education in Russian educational institutions.
What is a student visa to Russia?
Student visa is a document that permits a foreign citizen or stateless person to reside on the territory of Russia to study at University (or other educational insititution). This type of visa is issued by an educational institution in which you were enrolled for study.
To get a short-term student visa, the validity of which is not more than 90 days, you must prepare a full package of documents and submit them to the Russian Embassy or Consulate. The package includes (all Required):
- International passport (make sure it contains at least 2 pages not completed with visa stamps. It also must be valid for at least 6 months after the date of departure from Russia)
- Completed visa application form (a 3,5×4,5 cm photo must be pasted into the allocated place. No corrections and/or erasures are allowed in the form)
- Invitation from the host organization located in the Russian Federation (original, fax or electronic copy) or a temporary student ID (school card), issued by the Russian educational institution (in case of a short-term student visa)
- Health insurance valid for the duration of stay in Russia (the medical insurance policy should be purchased only from the companies that have an agreement with Russian partners).
According to the agreement on visa facilitation signed between Russia and the EU, short-stay visas in the presence of a direct invitation are made out in no longer than 7 working days. Persons who apply for student visa are not subject to a consular fee. In the case the invitation is issued by the Federal Migration Service, the visa can be granted urgently (within 48 hours). If a foreign student, graduate student or accompanying teacher requests a visa to the Russian Federation for more than 90 days, the it is necessary to present the original invitation issued by the Federal Migration Service when submitting documents to the Russian Consulate (in this case, the visa can be issued urgently).
In the case, the package of documents is incomplete the foreign citizen will be denied a visa to Russia. The Russian Consulate reserves the right to refuse to issue a visa without explanation.
A student visa can only be obtained by oneself.
5. FINANCIAL AIDS
- The UW-Madison Russian Flagship Program is able to provide limited scholarships to outstanding Russian Flagship students, to defray the cost of study abroad or intensive summer study of Russian in the United States. Students wishing to be considered for Language Flagship scholarship funding must submit a FAFSA to the UW-Madison Office of Student Financial Aid. Language Flagship scholarships are funded by the National Security Education Program for U.S. citizens. Students are strongly encouraged to apply for other scholarships, fellowships, grants, and financial aid.
This section lists scholarships, grants, and financial aid to which Russian Flagship students may apply..
6. LIVING COST IN RUSSIA
Studying in Russia affords you with the opportunity to experience the unique Russian culture, and also enjoy Russian hospitality and be charmed by Russian nature, and ofcourse get an education based on high modern standards and strong academic traditions. Universities in Russia are low tuition and affordable. So if you cannot afford to study in places like the UK, US, Canada where tuition fees are very high, why not make up your mind to study in Russia.
Universities in Russia are very affordable! Tuition fees range from $2000 to $3000 for an academic year including the language training programme. Note that tuition fees may vary from school to school. For instance, tuition fees for courses like medicine , engineering, design are usually very high and ranges from $2500-$4000 per academic year.
There are usually two types of accomodation- hostel and offcampus. Cost of hostel accomodation ranges from $150-$200 per month. Offcampus accomodation are usually on the high side, and is between $250-$400 monthly.
Food is extremely cheap in russia and one can use between 150-200 per month depending on the eating habbit of student. Different varieties of food are available in the school canteen and as an international student, you may choose to eat from the canteen or prepare your meals.
Language training is mandatory for all international students applying to study in russia. Since courses are taught in russian language, it is expected that all international students applying to study in russia undergo language training. This is usually carried out in the first year of admission and will cost the student approximately $1500. Students who are successful are permitted to continue their study. However, to study in russia, a student requires approximately $3500-$4000 annually, for tuition, food, accomodation etc.